Welcome to my blog

Every hit on my blog generates a small donation of which 100% of the proceeds go to The Newnan-Coweta Humane Society. We are doing our best to build a "No-Kill" shelter here in our beautiful City Of Homes, Newnan Georgia. It's truly a worthy cause. Thanks for stopping by and please, please, please spay and neuter your pets!!!

Monday, February 2, 2009

NHS Swim Team.....Faster Than Flipper!!



I used to think that Flipper, Flipper was faster than lightning......then Prince and I went to the NHS swim team meet last Friday night. These young men and ladies swam faster than fish!! Our local YMCA was filled to capacity. Not only was it standing room only, there were folks lined up outside looking through the glass to get a glimpse of this swim team. You see, it was State qualifying and the competition was down right fierce.

Parents, brothers and sisters, aunts and uncles, neighbors, and other NHS students were there to cheer the swim team on. As a matter of fact, the crowd got so rowdy that at one point the announcer had to ask that we quiet down just a lil bit. But, when the boys did indeed qualify for State, the crowd was on their feet and roaring. The boys looked so proud that is warmed my heart.

When Prince and Reggie Girl first walked into the YMCA Friday night, I thought I smelled the overwhelming smell of chlorine. When we left after the meet, we realized that what we had been smelling was the overwhelming smell of sweet victory.

Shout out to Cole Cash!! And by the way dear, I'm not your "illegitimate" Auntie. I did have a Dad who actually married my Mom. You need to look that one up dear nephew, I luvya but seriously dude? I'm just sayin...........


Steady on,

Reggie Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm listening.....and while you're at it PLEASE make me laugh!!