Welcome to my blog

Every hit on my blog generates a small donation of which 100% of the proceeds go to The Newnan-Coweta Humane Society. We are doing our best to build a "No-Kill" shelter here in our beautiful City Of Homes, Newnan Georgia. It's truly a worthy cause. Thanks for stopping by and please, please, please spay and neuter your pets!!!

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Band-Aids Are Good For Open Wounds



Band--Aids are indeed good for open wounds, but what in the world do you cover the wounds that you can't see with? I don't think that they make anything that covers inside wounds and scars.

My eyes woke up at precisely 3:57 yesterday morning. No matter how I tried, I was unable to go back to sleep so I just got up and went downstairs to read. I felt slightly annoyed at being up so early. At exactly 5:10 a.m. Miss Nan,called. I didn't recognize the number, but I did recognize the area code and instinctively knew it it was her. She was a little hysterical. She had been kicked out of her house by her boyfriend. She needed to get here to me and Prince and didn't know how.

We figured it out. I called Cousin Sis to please come sit with me while I waited for her to get here.

Nan arrived after what seemed like a million hours safe and sound. We caught our breath for a minute and then got in my car to drive bck to her old home to get her bird,clothes and ballet pictures. The whole way there we talked and talked and all I could think of is "I know how she feels". Six years ago, I had to leave the same situation in the same manner.......with what I would put in a car.

We arrive at said EX-boyfriends and my heart is beating like a hammer. I stand guard in the doorway with my phone in hand ready to call 911 if anyone, and I mean anyone, pulls into that driveway or even walks up. I remember when my bestest girlfriend stood at my own door and watched guard for me while I threw what I could of my life into black trash bags while every minute or so saying "You really have to hurry up Reggie Girl". Her heart must have been beating like a hammer as well. In just 24 minutes, we have loaded what we can of Nan's life into my Chrysler.

We drive back. Both a little tired and relieved. Though she doesn't say, I can see the hurt, shock and confusion all over my kiddo. I can actually feel the hurt, shock and confusion all over my kiddo.

We make it back to her new home with me and Prince. We drink a bottle of "Mardi Gras Red" wine that I picked up in good ole Alabam right after Christmas. She can make a new and better life here with me and Prince.

The top picture has to be the best picture ever taken in my lifetime. Maybe what begins to cover wounds that we can't see is: falling asleep on your "Momma's" loveseat, with your dog at your feet covered up with a Sponge-Bob Square Pant's blankie.

Quote of the week: "I know that God will not give me anything I can't handle.
I just wish that sometimes he didn't trust me so much."
Mother Teresa


Steady On,

Reggie Girl






No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm listening.....and while you're at it PLEASE make me laugh!!