Welcome to my blog

Every hit on my blog generates a small donation of which 100% of the proceeds go to The Newnan-Coweta Humane Society. We are doing our best to build a "No-Kill" shelter here in our beautiful City Of Homes, Newnan Georgia. It's truly a worthy cause. Thanks for stopping by and please, please, please spay and neuter your pets!!!

Friday, January 9, 2009

Things that make me smile...........


I love to smile and be amused and these cats do that for me. Gypsy Sista gave me these cats. Gypsy Sista's husband kept trying to put these be-yoots in the Goodwill pile. They are now mine, mine, mine.
These cats are made of teak, have charming blue eyes and a smug look on their faces. One of Gypsy Sista's puppies had chewed on the big mama cat's ears. I have since corrected that with my trusty paintbrush and a little flat black paint.
Sometimes when I see my cats, I feel the urge to slant my eyes with my fingers (and yes, of course I know that is politically incorrect) and break into the song "We are Siamese if you Please" from the Disney movie The Lady and The Tramp. I've done that very thing a couple of times. Prince just shakes his head, laughs and says "Reg, sometimes I think you have gone completely mad!!".
My point here, and I do have one, is that very simple pleasures in life are all around us. We just have to look for them. And, if you don't have a Gypsy Sista.....you should getcha one. Then hang on to your seats girls cuz it's gonna be a bumpy, crazy, hilarious ride.
Steady on,
Reggie Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm listening.....and while you're at it PLEASE make me laugh!!