Friday, February 13, 2009
Today: Totally Useless Facts and Trivia!!
I'm a little under the weather. To say the least. I have some wierd ailment that my own doctor, aka "the Quack" can't diagnose right now. I do feel better this morning than I did yesterday. On the plus side, I get to wear my jammies all day and be curled up with a book. In honor of wierd and wacky ailments, lets just play a little trivia today! (all question answers will magically appear at the bottom of the post......okay well maybe not magically.....).
*There used to be a commercial about Brylcream, it's motto was?
A) It's a dream B) Tame A cowlick C) A little dab'll do ya
*Complete the following: "I found my thrill"
A) With Thyme and Dill B) On my man Bill C) On Blueberry Hill
*Before Peter Pan was played by Robin Williams, who played Mr. Pan?
A) Errol Flynn B)Mary Martin C)Doris Day
*Who was the first child star to be nominated for an Oscar?
A) Shirley Temple B)Jackie Cooper C) Mickey Rooney D) Judy Garland
* Grapes explode when you put them in the microwave (You too can try this at home!)
* Toothpaste has been around since 500 BC, but is wasn't until 1892 that it became availabe in a collapsable tube (what was it in before 1892 I ponder??????)
* Honey NEVER spoils. No need to refridgerate it. It can be stored unopened, indefinately, at room temperature in a dry cupboard.
* The first pizza was made in Naples, Italy (I new I loved Naples).
* 93% of people eat at least one frozen pizza at least once a month
* 1957 introduced the first frozen pizza (immediately thereafter came 'pizza worshipping'!)
And speaking of the revered pizza. I leave you with this fantastic, quick and easy pizza recipe.
SLOPPY JOE PIZZA
1 refridgerated ready made pizza crust
1 lb ground meat (of your choice) browned and drained
1 can Hunt's Manwich SloppySauce (if you're not a man, get any brand you please...)
Grated Mozzarella and rated Sharp Cheddar cheese
Cover ready made crust with sloppy joe sauce. Sprinkle with browned meat. Cover with shredded cheeses to your taste. Bake at 425 degrees until crust is brown and meat/cheese mixture is bubbly. Prince and kiddos alike love this recipe.
I'm not quite sure how this post ended up being about a pizza recipe. Perhaps I should take my medicine and have a little lie down again.
***trivia answers:#1 - C, a little dab'll do ya #2- C, on blueberry hill #3, Mary Martin #4, Shirley Temple
****"When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie that A~M~O~R~E" Dean Martin***