Welcome to my blog

Every hit on my blog generates a small donation of which 100% of the proceeds go to The Newnan-Coweta Humane Society. We are doing our best to build a "No-Kill" shelter here in our beautiful City Of Homes, Newnan Georgia. It's truly a worthy cause. Thanks for stopping by and please, please, please spay and neuter your pets!!!

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Barbie Beaches and Cotton Pickin Fairs

Okay, so Prince and I go to the Cotton Pickin Fair this weekend with our good friends the Foster Failures. Getting out for a day of fun with friends is so priceless.

"To be rich in friends is to be poor in nothing" ~~Lillian Whiting


On the way there, we pass this Barbie Beach. Please do yourself a favor and click on this to get a better look. Yep, it's a man made beach full of Barbie and her friends in someone's front yard. This Barbie Beach is so well known in Newnan that I see that even Shrek has dropped by this weekend. As a matter of fact a couple of years back, someone stole all of this ladies Barbies out of her front yard and it was total mayhem!! It made front page news!! People from all over town sent new Barbie's and the beach was again full of sunbather's. I kid you not..........


This one's for Airman Mom. The first thing we did before we went in was watch these students do a training exercise with while flying American flags on their horses while God Bless America played. If you haven't been to Airman Mom's site, check it out. She sings the praises of our soldiers daily and is a true patriot...........


Love the look of the entrance........


Pretty ladies enjoying roasted ears of sweet corn...........


Clowning around.................


Lady Foster Failure and Prince with her neice at their shaved ice stand. The margarita one is awesome...........(maybe it had tequila---maybe not, lol).......


I spied this pup Angel lying behind a vendor's stand and she posed........


Cute kiddo with a cool hair-did...........


Bourbon barrel aged teriyaki sauce and pure vanilla. Yep, bought some.........


Cute kiddos clogging..............


Granny's Apple Dumplings. The special of the day was called "Big Chocolate Thing"...........


Fried green tomatoes. That's what I'm talkin about y'all............


This is the antique dressmaker's form that Gypsy Sista gave me. It shall now be the keeper of my jewelry. Awesome isn't it?...............


Please click on "The Daily Puppy". The Humane Society need donations and you're helping the helpless.

Hope everyone has a joyful week!!!!


Steady On
Reggie Girl

32 comments:

  1. Looks like fun!

    Puppy!

    Corn!

    Clown...scary....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the post but my very favorite was the Barbie Beach. I've never seen or heard of anything like it. lol Puppy Luna is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one cute pup this morning!
    The fair looks like it was great fun and lots of my favorite foods too. I bet you can make a mean pound cake with that pure vanilla - sounds good! Enjoy your day and I hope you are feeling good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It feels like my comment is first but there probably 20 waiting for your approval. will this week be as busy as last? Good story and I want some fried green tomatoes - I love them.
    hugs and kisses from Brasil -

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so jealous, it will be at least a month before any fairs, community picnics etc get started around here.

    Then they trip all over each other competing for the best weekends and I always come away feel I miss out on the best of them.

    Great to hear the way the community supported the lady with her Barbie beach! What great people live in Newman!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like that was an awesome event! Had y'all pull it off over there, we were having buckets of rain all weekend! The Barbie Beach is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, first of all everything looks great and YES on the bourbon barrel aged teriyaki and vanilla (sounds awesome)! And second...is that a Nude Barbie Beach!? First I noticed rock-climbing barbie was climbing neked...then I noticed they all were! HA! (or does it just look that way?) :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a great time! Love the barbie beach....LOL
    The Bourbon barrel aged teriyaki sauce and pure vanilla sound wonderful. I can't wait until our fair comes in August!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo I love me some Fried green tomatoes! So good!

    Now that Barbie thing?? That's messed up? Only in Georgia!

    Love these weekend festivals they are so much fun! We go to a few different ones around are area and we just love it.

    Happy Monday to you too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Barbie Beach is too cute! Looks like the Cotten Pickin Fair was alot of fun. Your post has left me craving fried green tomatos :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What, no Pink Barbie Dune Buggy at the Barbie Beach?

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a delightful post!!! You live such a fabulous life!!!! ~Janine XO

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm thinking someone has a Barbie fetish. And you forgot to mention it was a nude beach:)
    Mmmmm...I love roasted corn..lots of butter...
    Looks like a good time was had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I am going to set up a Smurf village in my front yard. I think my country neighbors
    would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. that pink hair matches mine...and love the dressmaker's form. what a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  16. rg...this looks to have been a perfect day! Beautuiful weather and all the smiling face...fun for all! Adorable puppy!
    Thanks for the mention, I always appreciate your kind words!
    ~AM

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like you had a great time...

    Thanks for all you do for our furry friends. GOD bless you....I am an animal lover, dog trainer, and therapy dog mom, too!! And....yes, all of my babies are spayed or nuetored....and three of my four dogs are rescues...as are all our cats!!

    Blessings and prayers, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  18. First of all- Those puppies are so cute. In fact I want to start bawling every time I see them because I want all of them (and it's not hormones).

    Second- A Barbie beach has got to be the coolest thing I've heard of. I'm a little hurt that only Barbies are invited. I think they might enjoy a little GI Joe heroes.

    Third- I'm so envious of your trip to the fair. I don't think there's anything more fun than going to a small time fair.

    Hope you had enough fun for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the Barbies climbing the rock wal.
    I know have a craving for fried green tomatos...thanks.
    A great big thanks for noticing my toes! It ain't often they're (mostly) painted!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well dang! Looks like you had a great cotton picking weekend. Love those quilts.

    Saturday was nice, but yesterday was chilly, and today it is just rain. We are in Baltimore and the traffic is a mess, so it nice looking at your photos while my husband wrestles the rain and traffic.

    Look forward to our next shoot out. We need to entice some more shooters. I sure do miss Loida and HalfCrazy.

    Love to Prince from the both of us.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That puppy at the top is ADORABLE. How do you mange to not go over there and adopt it? You are a strong woman!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. you bet I want to join! sounds like a lot of fun! thanks for the invite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks like a whole lotta fun!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ha Ha I had to come over when I saw your comment because your blog title describes my life!! Middle age just rocks!!

    You are the cutest thing and I love your blog.
    I especially love what you are doing for the Humane Society on your blog - Great Job!!

    Thanks for visiting me - It is fun to find you.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am serious...you do the funnest thing and go to so many great places. Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks life great fun. And the Barbie Beach - I so the diversity of humor in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Looks like y'all had a cotton pickin' good time! :) Sorry, I couldn't resist.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  28. what a great fun you have here!!! so lively yet so relaxing!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. You sure had a fun Sunday. Those photos are amazing. Many thanks.

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Its up Reggie girl! On my food site and TMI!!! Happy to oblige you darlin' :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm listening.....and while you're at it PLEASE make me laugh!!