Welcome to my blog

Every hit on my blog generates a small donation of which 100% of the proceeds go to The Newnan-Coweta Humane Society. We are doing our best to build a "No-Kill" shelter here in our beautiful City Of Homes, Newnan Georgia. It's truly a worthy cause. Thanks for stopping by and please, please, please spay and neuter your pets!!!

Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Letter My Kiddos And My Mom

My darlings,

I can't believe that another year has passed and it is already Mother's Day again. It seems just like last week that you were running around like banshees and I was taxi-ing you to baseball, Kung-Fu, ballet, birthday parties, band practice and summer camps.

You took a nap and woke up grown and I can't believe it at all. Now Miss Nan is going to make us grandparent's soon and we are excited beyond belief........new life in our family that will be cherished and adored.

I long for you every single day even though you are a phone call away.......


Mr. J. You loved to wear my sunglasses and broke at least a hundred pairs. I just bought more.........


This is one of my very favorite pictures in the world taken about 20 years ago. We were all so young and happy...........


Dearest Mom, this year will mark 33 years since you've been with our family here on earth. I remember when we would get together like this at your Mom's, our Gran's, when we were little kiddos. We were loud, boisterious, wild and somewhat destructive as a group and you laughed it off..........most of the time. I often wonder what you would think of me today as a grown woman.........

I always like to imagine that you and Dad are dancing to Glen Miller or Tommy Dorsey on a cloud still watching over us and probably still having a laugh. I hope you know that your grand kiddo's would adore you and I know how excited you would be that we are going to have a little one running around soon. Please watch over out little one from up above as only a great-grandmother can do. And please.........help me with all of this because I have no idea what is in store for me other than great joy and much laughter................



Happy Mother's Day to all my blog Mom's. May your day be filled with love, joy and laughter. Prince and I are going to worship together this morning and then have Auntie Mom and Cousin Sis and the family over for a barbeque today. Maybe play horseshoes and love being together as family.........

****"Hey diddle, diddle the cat and the fiddle, the cow jumped over the moon. The little dog laughed to see such a sport and the dish ran away with the spoon".****


Steady On
Reggie Girl

31 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful blog and brought a tear to my eye :) We have already had our mothers day in the uk but happy mothers day to you, sounds like you will thoroughly enjoy it luv Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post Reggie.
    Happy Mother's Day to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful and heartfelt post.

    I have a photo in our album of the family sitting at the table in our kitchen that is very similar to yours.

    Only, of course, ours is in black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Reggie Girl! They do grow so quickly and it seems like you blink and they've morphed from toddlers to young adults. Wishing you a wonderful Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post, my dear. Happy Mother's Day to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reggie, I am sure your mom is watching over all the family ~ even little ones that haven't landed yet!
    Have a wonderful Mother's day.xx♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so beautiful, Reggie Girl!! Have a fabulous Mother's Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful heart felt post. Thank you for shaing it with us.
    Be Blessed today and always!

    Hugs
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful post!!!! Happy Mother's Day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are off to church and my son is going to meet us there. Then home. I'd like to go out walking if it doesn't rain.

    Happy Mother's Day

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post!
    Happy Mothers Day Reggie!
    BBQ on!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Mothers Day to you! What lovely pictures, and I know you 'shook a rug, and a bottle' to celebrate :), me I spent the tired evening relaxing with a glass too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Being a mother is truly the greatest gift of all. Thanks for another beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Blessings to you this Mother's Day. Your Mom would be so proud of you and the positive impact you have on so many lives. What an exciting time anticipating the arrival of your grandbaby. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely post, from the heart. Have a very wonderful Mother's Day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such cute pictures! I hope your Mother's day is full of love!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mother's Day is bitter-sweet, isn't it? We miss our Moms, and are grateful for all they meant to us...and we treasure our role as moms as well! Thanks for sharing! Happy Mother's Day to one of my favorite Southern Belles! ~Janine XO

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful, such a positive and loving energy. Hope you have a fantastic mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing. You are creating a legacy and passing an inherited one along, and all the while singing, strolling, and laughing.

    Steady on!

    Don

    ReplyDelete
  20. And I hope you had a great day Reggie. Pop over to my place and you will find a little something I whipped up for you, Bon Apetite

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a lovely posting!

    Happy Mother's Day! I hope you had a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey Reggie, what a wonderful letter to your mom. You are just gonna love being a grandmother. No better thing in the world. Motherhood sure is a great thing, it just keeps on giving.
    Have a great day with your family.
    Hugs,
    June

    ReplyDelete
  24. My mother died on her 65th birthday late in the year 1984. I miss her still. Thanks for the post.

    Happy mothers days to you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Life goes by so quickly, doesn't it? I know what you mean-I long for my kids too, even though they are still right here. I think I am longing for them as they were when they were small. Enjoy all your little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy Mothers' Day to you too (belatedly)!

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Moms are the shells where God puts his treasures. Hope your Mothers Day was wonderful RG!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a wonderful post! I love hearing people memories. The pictures are so fun!!

    Hope you had a Wonderful Mothers Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I like seeing your pictures from 20 years ago. We should all do that more often perhaps. After all, those years were so precious to us and still seem so real, don't they?
    Blessings, Star

    ReplyDelete

I'm listening.....and while you're at it PLEASE make me laugh!!