Welcome to my blog

Every hit on my blog generates a small donation of which 100% of the proceeds go to The Newnan-Coweta Humane Society. We are doing our best to build a "No-Kill" shelter here in our beautiful City Of Homes, Newnan Georgia. It's truly a worthy cause. Thanks for stopping by and please, please, please spay and neuter your pets!!!

Monday, May 25, 2009

Tuesdays Around Newnan - City Of Homes

****Please click on "The Daily Puppy"******

Small towns always wake at dawn.
Because they sleep so well at night,
Lullabied by nightingales,
Then waked by roosters at first light.

No matter where one is.....or isn't,
There's lots of room to spare,
And of the people who are near,
Most likely someone cares,
~~~~By G Ellis~~~~

I live in the friendliest town in the Southern Arc I do believe. I want to share a few things that made me smile this week while I was out and about in my beautiful hometown of Newnan, Georgia..........

One of our many picturesque streets in town, Wesley Street. The movie October Road was filmed here.......


This is Lil Mama and Killer who come to our church every Sunday morning and wait patiently outside to greet everyone. They are our most faithful members..........


Pretty Nina who wandered over to show Prince and I her copy of Amelia Bedelia.......


I love this little shop nestled in the woods..........


I love this porch out front at 10 East Washington. Always wonderful food prepared lovingly by Chef George............


A pretty purple shamrock I spied over by Dr. Pat Yancy's office.........


I snapped this bee on a pretty flower in my yard. I'm happy to see the bees around. 1 in every 3 bites of food we eat depend on our bees pollenating..........


Sweet little girls playing with umbrella's Sunday afternoon on Court Square........


OH NO!!!! Honk y'all, it's Mary's birthday!! I saw this and it made me laugh. I'm sooo gonna do this on my birthday this year (okay but it's not my 60th yet)........


My favorite picture this week. Attacked by puppy love!! I adore my all of my animal's. They bring me so much joy and unconditional love.............


Come on down to visit with us in Newnan. We'll show you around and sit on pretty front porches with nice tall glasses of sweet tea or Mint Juleps . We'll wander around Court Square in the evenings and visit with friendly people who are waiting to meet you.

No matter where you live, please support your local Humane Society. They need you :)


Steady On
Reggie Girl

27 comments:

  1. lovely! You are one extremely blessed woman!
    ~AM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reggie girl, had a white nite last night so I am up and hopefully your first comment - Yippee1. lovely post, lovely town. Your first photo above is really rich in feel of the town with its overlying layers. have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree; that last picture is priceless. No better feeling in the world than to be greeted by our loving pets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing a little of your home town. I'm a big fan of smaller towns; they have a lot more character with interesting buildings, architecture and friendly people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello my darling friend Reggie Girl ..I love Newnan SO much ...so charming ..one day one day I will get there.

    AND I read you were born on your 2 year old twin brothers birthday WOW ....

    You must all be special.

    Baby ....being induced in less that 24 hours!

    Sarah Lulu xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Reggie girl! Lovely pics as usual... couldn't live without my little "Stinky" to greet me when I come home !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reggie, your pics are wonderful as usual. You capture the human experience is such a warm and beautiful way! Thanks for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there! I found you through Mildred @ Nalley Valley. Saw your comment about the rabbits eating your balloon flower and wanted to share a tip for you from a previous post at my blog, here >>> http://camelliacottagediary.blogspot.com/2009/04/bunny-wars-soft-and-easy.html

    And after reading your post, I also wanted to tell you that last year we adopted a sweet cat from the Newnan/Coweta Humane Society at an adoption day at the Pet Smart off of I-85. He was such a sweetie, but didn't fit well with our family, so I found a new loving home for him with a young couple with a young child, and a horse farm where he could get out and roam a bit - something he couldn't do here. Last I heard from his new owners, he was doing very well.

    Blessings, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  9. Purple shamrock...how cool, I've never seen one before. Your town always looks so inviting :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. When the Evil Twin retires, I'd love to move there! It seems so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Newnan sounds idyllic!!!! Lovely photos...wonderful words and sentiments! So very uplifting! ~Janine XO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whew. Thank goodness the weekend is over. I never get to enjoy events until I upload my photos.

    Looks like you had a great week last week. I love the little girls with the umbrella. The old lady made it special.

    You and doggies are super.

    Great photos, all.

    I have not taken one water photo. That is sad, but today I take no photos!

    Looks we are getting more shooters. I will try and work on the "info" site this afternoon, and list the shooters that are still participating.

    Good to know that Loida is settling in. Can't wait until she returns.

    Have a good Tuesday. it is Tuesday, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am going to see it all one day, and get in the kitchen with Chef George :) That pic of you and the dogs is too cute, they look like they knock you over often enough, lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Reggie Girl - love the pup pics!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a nice town RG. I love the faithful members of your church!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great pictures of your town, Regg.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your little tidbit on bees! My 7yo and I were just talking about how nice it is to have the bees around our flowers and trees, making them more beautiful every year.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Reggie,
    Looks wonderful as usual there. If I were rich I would come on down for some southern Love!
    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that you share your hometown with us

    ReplyDelete
  20. All the photos made me smile. I like the last one. I miss those special moments with a pet. I know our time will come again to have a pet.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good morning, thanks for visiting my blog. I just enjoyed all the pictures on your first page here, I'll be back to see more. Very much enjoyed the photos of your town, the flowers, pets, children, a very welcoming comfortable blog.
    (Q: What did the fish say when he swam into the concrete wall?
    A: Dam!)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I loved the puppy pic - Dempsey.

    Your other pictures had me smilling all the way through. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your town...This is the kind of town I want to live in.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ah, I just love your photos of Newnan!! ;) Esp loved the poem by G. Ellis at the beginning of your post -- it's so true. Loved the final pic of you with your pupsters, they are the BEST, aren't they?!

    Oh, and I'm thinking of leasing my mother out to any that need her help, since she's so industrious and so many people are asking about her, lol....

    Hope you both had a LOVELY weekend, and a fantastic week to come.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great pictures and October Road was one of my favorite shows. Back when it was on and i actually watched TV.
    How cool.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Caption: Heatwave Spawns Sexy, Shirtless Men with Wristbands!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I always love a stroll around your town! Happy Birthday, Mary :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm listening.....and while you're at it PLEASE make me laugh!!